The answer’s probably easier than you may think. At least for me it is. I simply use the blog traffic tips that successful bloggers use, then use them consistently.
Things like basic SEO strategies, keyword optimization and creating quality content.
But today much of your traffic can also come from social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ LinkedIn, Pinterest and others. In fact those are some of the best blog traffic tips you’ll find.
So let’s take a closer look at some of these blog traffic tips and how you should be using them.
4 Blog Traffic Tips That Drive Big Traffic Results
Tip #1. Tag your keywords in all your Post Tags
Tagging and using your keywords correctly is so important but it’s also pretty simple SEO strategy to let the search engines know what your site is about.
But you need to include your keywords in all your tags. The search engines do look at your post tags, some carry more importance than others, but they should all be used to display your keywords.
Here are the tags to use with your keywords:
- Title tags. Your Title tag is actually the most important tag and the phrase you use here should accurately describe what your post/page is about within about 70 characters.
<title>Primary keyword phrase here. </title>
- Header Tags. Header tags are important to the search engines. They signify logical order, so make good use of the H1, H2 and H3 tags in your posts and use your keyword phrase in each one.
Using these headers is similar to the way you use headers in an outline.
- <h1>Primary header with keywords</h1>
- <h2>Sub header using keywords</h2>
- <h3>Sub header using keywords</h3>
- Description Meta Tag. This is the tag that describes your page detail. I like to write one or two factual statements in the description tag using my keyword phrase and do it with 156 characters.
- Alt Tags. Alt tags are used to provide a text description of a graphic. I would suggest that each graphic on your site should have a description and an alt tag and at least one graphic should contain your keyword phrase.
To help make sure you use these tags correctly download the Yoast SEO plugin. It’s a free plug-in and super easy to use.
Then go to this page for a tutorial on how to configure the plug-in for setting the parameters correctly.
Tip #2 Add Quality content but make sure it’s useful and relevant
Quality content is what drives the search engines and the traffic. But bloggers often think that it’s the frequency of their content that boosts traffic. So that brings us to the question,
“Should you post new content to your blog every day?”
That’s a popular question nowadays. But the answer is not necessarily. There are highly successful blogs that publish every day, some twice a week and some even less than that. There are successful blogs at all ends of the frequency scale.
What drives traffic is the usefulness and relevance of your content, not frequency.
If you can post every day without being annoying, then by all means, post every day. But if your content is just for the sake of posting something and it’s not relevant for your readers, there’s no value in that.
What do the search engines think of frequency? They don’t rank frequency, but they do rank quality.
Tip #3 Work at Getting valuable and relevant incoming links
The more links pointing to your blog and blog posts the more value the search engines will give your blog. But where the links are coming from is important too.
Search engines give more weight to links coming from authoritative, credible sites that are relevant to your blog’s niche. Just for clarification, there are 3 types of links.
- Direct link – Basic website address link. It looks like this: www.yourwebsite.com
- Text link – A webpage address embedded in text. It looks like this: text link
- Deep link – A direct link or text link pointing to another page on a blog or website that is not the home page.
Here’s how to get links from other pages pointing your blog’s home page or blog posts:
- Add quality content to your site that others will refer to with a link to your page in their own blogs or website. (Bloggers will do that only if the content is good)
- Write Guest posts for other prominent blogs in your niche. Guest posting allows you to attach your author box to your guest post that contains a link to your blog or blog post.
- Make useful comments on other niche blogs. Use these blog comment tips to help you.
- Participate in social networking forums and social networking sites.
Tip #4 Be Social And Be Serious About it!
Today more than ever, the search engines are listening to what others are saying about your blog. Likes, re-tweets, mentions are noticed by the search engines making social networking a valuable traffic generating strategy. But to get these likes, re-tweets and so on you need to be social. Use these social sites consistently to create a profile and then post links and comments that drive followers to your site.
Get involved with these social sites by participating in conversations, connect with others and make friends. But keep in mind that it’s not about how many people you socialize with, it’s about building an interactive social media following. It’s about the interactions and engagements. That’s what brings folks to your blog. Who knows, they may even invite you to guest post for them which can bring you some quality links. It’s all about the relationships.
There you have it, 4 easy blog traffic tips that can drive big results. Just make sure you are consistent with using your posts tags, generate great content that is useful and relevant for your readers, work on getting quality links coming into your site and be social.
None of this is rocket science but it does require commitment. Simply do these things consistently for about 1 month and you will see results. But don’t give up, keep the ball rolling
What blog traffic tips can you add?